Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ike and contractions?

It's been a crazy week...on Wednesday I had some morning sickness (not unusally..a daily occurance throughout this ENTIRE pregnancy)...which apparently I 'tweaked' my back in this process...well that's what I thought anyway....then come to find out that when I finally called the dr. to ask what I can do to relieve the pain...and they instructed me to go to the hospital....so, off we go to the hospital...while 1/2 of Galveston is trying to evacuate for Hurricane Ike. Then we find out I was actually having flipping contractions....not good at 32 weeks...but thankfully they gave me a couple of shots of something that made me shake like a crackhead and the contractions stopped....quite scary. Then here we go on this ride of hurricane Ike plowing through. It's been a sad, scary, stressful event...to say the least...but all of my family's homes faired pretty well considering...and everyone is safe....and the baby is still in my stomach where she belongs. whew. Thank God for answering all of our prayers!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Shake like a crackhead..I bet it was the same stuff I had to take from 26 weeks until 35.5 weeks when I delivered Ben. It's called tributolen and it sucks! Does its job, but the shakes were awful.

Our photo shoot with Melissa (houstonpaparazzi.com)

Pictures of Gracelynn...this has only just begun...

A few (from the 2000 pictures) of my Favs....